Dig in to hawker food, Tiger beer and live music at Tiger Street Food Festival 2017
Presented by Tiger Beer, the first ever Tiger Street Food Festival is set to take place at Tan Quee Lan Street for one evening this Friday, 22 September.
Fifteen aspiring hawkers from the Tiger Street Food Fund will be showcasing their take on local favourites such as fish ball noodles, yong tau foo, nasi lemak and chicken wings. Here’s the list of dishes you can expect at the food festival:
- Prawn paste chicken from Ah Tan Wings
- Laksa from Kampong Laksa and Yam Mee Teochew Fishball Noodles
- Chinese desserts from Thong Sum Hot & Cold Desserts
- Handmade fishball soup from Fishboss
- Fusion mixed rice from Tasty Street
- Cantonese porridge from Botak Delicacy
- Nasi lemak from Kamala Puspa, Jia Xiang Nasi Lemak, and Wonderfull Nasi Lemak
- Prawn soup from Prawn Village
- Yong tau foo from Jia Le Yong Tau Foo and Sung Kitchen
- Pasta from Snuggrubs
- Fried rice from Fried Rice U Need
- Popiah from Kway Guan Huat Joo Chiat Original Popiah & Kueh Pie Tee
Of course, good food must be accompanied by good beer. Pair these hawker delicacies with Tiger Beer’s selection of award-winning beer – Tiger Black, Tiger White, Tiger Radler, and of course the classic Tiger Beer.
To top it all off, local bands the Astronauts and HubbaBubbas will also be performing to keep you entertained throughout the nite.
Vouchers for food and beer are priced for $10 each. Food will be sold at $2 each, and beer will be sold from $3-$6. Please bring cash as card transactions are not supported at the Festival.
What: Tiger Street Food Festival 2017
Where: Tan Queen Lan Street Field (Behind Bugis Junction)
When: 22 September from 5pm – 10.30pm
Admission is free